Friday, May 25, 2012

Mama's Cookin- Picnic Brussels Sprout salad



So this is a shameless Trader Joe's knock-off (In their lunch section! Who knew!? Well, I did, obvs...)

I love all things cabbage, and Brussels Sprouts are no exception. Plus, there's bacon. Everything is better with bacon. And butter.

This salad is great because it needs no refrigeration. And I even find my kids eating it! There is something about the combination of salty and sweet that is just so yummy!

Ingredients:
2 lbs. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved if they are huge (mine weren't)
Craisins
Bacon bits (from Costco, these are truly the LLOML {love of my life})
Feta
Newman's Own light balsamic

I roast my brussels in 400 degree oven with EVOO and kosher salt for about 45 minutes.

After they've come to room temp I throw in a handful of all the good stuff, and a healthy squirt of dressing, toss it all together, and...

Voila! Picnic yumminess! (best let sit overnight, serve cold or room temp)

No comments:

Post a Comment